Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car randomly died, then fans staying on after cars turned off...

Simsy23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Well ive had some major issues with this car, the head gasket went 5 months ago, then a month later i had an electrical issue, which made me replace 2 alternators 2 batteries, eventually was told it was the wiring harness.. i got the car back after holden had it for 2 months, rarely drive it as a have a work car,

went down to the shop just then, on way home revs dropped a bit then 200m down the road engine died, pulled over, started the car drove 20m then it died again, the temp light came on and temp was sitting 3/4 of way up, managed to start the car and get home, then the fans stayed on after the car was off (fan relay?)

any ideas? would the fan relay cause the car to drop out? im ####in stumped yet again

Simsy23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
also since getting the car back, its not starting properly, takes a few chugs before it turns over, then sometimes turns over and stalls straight away,

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged vt II acclaim
Its ment to stay on if its way too hot.. Theres a certain temp it will switch on and stay on till cool's a bit..

As for not starting after overheating i'd be a bit worry'd, 'may' have cooked it and done damage..

Reaction score
Members Ride
4mins they should stay on with ignition off, if gets above 117 deg

Simsy23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
it does start now, but really chugs before it gets going , was doing this before but not as bad? if thats any help

Reaction score
Members Ride
not sure on the chugging side of it...

but if its overheating loosing water and running like a pig i'd be looking at the gaskets, LIM or head..

Simsy23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
not sure on the chugging side of it...

but if its overheating loosing water and running like a pig i'd be looking at the gaskets, LIM or head..

it just had all the gaskets replaced not 5 months ago, water pump aswell, what are the chances of that happening again

Reaction score
Members Ride
it just had all the gaskets replaced not 5 months ago, water pump aswell, what are the chances of that happening again

depends if the apprentice did all the work :D

lol not too sure hey, ya can get a test done to see if ya have exhaust gases in ya water from cracked head, and a pressure test or something...its pretty quick and easy..