Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Remove... know any1 will pay me?

AlpineRaven

Reaction score
Do you know anyone who will be able to remove a car from Lilydale and that they'll pay you some money for it? I remembered someone advertised on a shop window in Lilydale saying "car removal, will pay you $75" (not there anymore) I have a wagon that I want to get rid of, does anyone here know anyone who will remove a car that will pay me? (In areas of Boronia/Bayswater/Lilydale/Croydon etc)

Thanks
AP

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Check yellow pages, even trading post, some guys will pay $50. Or you could strip the car, grab a trailer and take it to a scrap metal place perhaps?

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Mal's Car Removals
1770 Ferntree Gully Rd Ferntree Gully 3156 Mobile Service 0438 953 412 is probably the closest to you

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Be careful you aren't letting something go which, with a small amount of effort, could be turned into a lot more money (unless you are desperate or in a hurry to get rid of it).

Twice over the years I have kicked myself for doing this. My late father-in-law and family were moving house. They had a driveable old XB Falcon wagon. The interior was shagged, but the panels were straight. The engine ran just fine, but the auto was nearly stuffed and only had first and second. He wanted rid of it...just had no room at the new house and wanted it gone. We drove it to the wreckers for him and got $50 for it...later I kicked myself for not driving it home and parting it out...you'd have sold the towbar for $50, not to mention the perfectly good motor, diff, windows and panels. The wreckers could have come and collected the shell then.
Second was a Charger I had plans on doing up, until it becamse apparent that the rust was far beyond anything I could ever fix. We also were moving house, so the wreckers got a call. $150. Also I now know that I should have kept the 265 Hemi 2-barrel engine and just given them the shell. That motor was worth something like $500+ at the time and even more now for a proper 2 barrel motor, but we just wanted rid of the thing.

I often see these ads for "car body removal $50", and wonder what kind of profit margin they work on and where those vehicles eventually end up...

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
yeh id agree with whats been said. strip it sell the parts and then heap the shell of 2 the wreckers.