Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car rental

paddyj

Reaction score
Website
www.paddyjoy.com
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Does anyone know if there are any rental companies in australia that will rent a car to an over 25 P plater?

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
yep thrifty do, but they charge a fee round $20 per day extra

paddyj

Reaction score
Website
www.paddyjoy.com
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Hmmm just gave them a call, seems like they don't take P platers anymore, damm.....

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Good luck with it, Have you tried rent-a-bomb? I know they have sh1t cars but its better than nothing.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Renting a car is impossible if you're under 21.. During a holiday I tried to get my name put on as a secondary driver, I was 19.. None of the major franchises would have a bar of it..

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
hmmm... odd. I work for thrifty, but maybe it's due to franchising, coz I know we allow p-platers and young'ens for an additional fee.
Maybe you're out of luck?

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mercedes E-Class 2007, E220 CDI Wagon
Im 24 but on my opens and went on holidays from QLD to NSW and they charged me an extra $15 per day for bein under 25 but they said if i were on my p's it would be about the same price but needed a up front deposit or credit card on their system. but in QLD they charge heaps for rentals dont know why....Qld $115 per day ..... NSW $70 per day ....this was through thrifty

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
S Pack said:
Im 24 but on my opens and went on holidays from QLD to NSW and they charged me an extra $15 per day for bein under 25 but they said if i were on my p's it would be about the same price but needed a up front deposit or credit card on their system. but in QLD they charge heaps for rentals dont know why....Qld $115 per day ..... NSW $70 per day ....this was through thrifty

Might be different franchises or just Thrifty, Avis seems to be cheaper for the Sat Nav equipped Commodores in Queensland than in NSW.

Strange thing was when I was up on the Sunshine Coast it was going to cost me $785 for a week (full insurance, excess reduction, etc) to pick up a car from Brisbane Airport to drive up or $620 for the same car pick up at Maroochydore Airport, weird...

Avis will rent to under 25's but you can only rent up to a mid-size car if you are under 25

Last edited: