Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car running on 5 cyclinders??

Cal-a

wicked sick
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 vl executive, 88 vl executive
i am not exactly sure but my car seems to be running on 5 cyclinders i checked the leads by taking one out and seeing if it would start or not and every time it wouldnt start except for when i unpluged one so i assumed this was the lead and it still tan the same

i have a spare lead but my battery went flat from trying this process do you think replacing the lead will help or not will have to jump start my car tomoz

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
lead or plug. If your gonna replace "A" lead u may as well do all of em. clean your plugs or buy new ones. u can try by unplugging one lead at a time looking for a difference in running and u may fault find it that way.
Goodluck man

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
in order to check plugs loosen all of your leads on your plug then start it now pull one lead off and see if the engine starts missing do it a few time if a plug is stuffed the engine note will not change also if the injector isnt working the note wont change