Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Sales

PeterVX2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Equipe
I just made and enquiry about a Commodore on Car Sales, and received an email saying I had to register with them to do so. This is a sudden change, I have never had to do this before.

I this a genuine new change or a scam ?

I am reluctant to do this as they will probably sell my details. The poor vendor does not even know I am interested in viewing the car.

Any comments on this !

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Are you registered with them already? If not it’s seems reasonable for them to ask you to

PeterVX2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 Equipe
I ended up registering so I could communicate with the owner of the advertised car.

This new arrangement seems like a messier procedure that the simple email correspondence that it replaced.

Par for the course in this brave new world !

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I ended up registering so I could communicate with the owner of the advertised car.

This new arrangement seems like a messier procedure that the simple email correspondence that it replaced.

Par for the course in this brave new world !

probably to cut down on spammers and scammers, would be better for sellers and worse for tyre kickers.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
probably to cut down on spammers and scammers

......... and car thieves

You have heard about them.

"Hey we would like to come over and check out your car (and your other cars and your house) so what is your address and what time will you be home (so we can drop by at another time), what other time?