Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Car Security - Bollards

nstone63

wants a new car
Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 VN Executive
What do people think of those removeable bollards you can get to secure your car in your driveway? I'm moving into a unit and am thinking of getting one to install..

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
lol..... maybe you should mount motion activated M-60 on the roof of your appartment? Also some landmines wouldn't hurt.... lol..... sorry :) hmm i think it's an overkill. Immobilisers, alarm, and insurance tend to cover it all...

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
lol..... maybe you should mount motion activated M-60 on the roof of your appartment? Also some landmines wouldn't hurt.... lol..... sorry :) hmm i think it's an overkill. Immobilisers, alarm, and insurance tend to cover it all...

Have you ever had to deal with an insurance company? There a bunch of morons who will try anything to get out of a claim, anything that can prevent a theft is a great idea in my eyes.
If someone is out for a quick joyride, a car with bollards in front of it will be walked right past for the car next to it without them.

OP, keep in mind you may not be allowed to fit them, so check with the land agent before signing anything.....

spokkeh

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman
Big pillars that should stop a thief from getting anywhere with the car itself.
Rise_And_Fall_Bollard15.jpg

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
I really think that is overkill. Get a top of the range alarm, will cost the same amount (most likely less) and will do the same thing really.

spokkeh

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman
Don't really want the thief down the driveway already by the time you're out of the house to check on it though. I understand people wanting these things.
I'm in a similar situation in an apartment with a carport just off the street, but I'm lucky enough to have a mate living across the road with a lockup garage. However one of the other people here simply uses a chain and padlock wrapped across the pillars either side of their carport - maybe you can do something similar?

faroogoo

SENTINEL
Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH
Seen something similar to this advertised in a auto magazine (Cant remember which one) a while ago,wasnt as large a diameter as those pictured above probably more around the 4-5" mark i think.They were yellow in colour,there must be an Aussie company somewhere on google selling them.

**There are security bollards for sale on Ebay.UK if your interesred in what they look like.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
After living in an apartment complex for 18 months I would highly suggest you do this provided the landlord is fine with it. We supposedly had a secure underground car park but I had scum try on atleast 2 separate occasions to break into my car (VS wagon) and I know of 4 other cars that were stolen.

SSbeast

Reaction score
MAXXIS group do secuirty bollards that slide into a hole in the ground. All you do is unlock it and slide the bollard out by hand. Why don't you just get a wheel clamp cheaper and less destructive to get installed.