Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car shakes.

pac3y

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt S Pack Series 2
hello all again!
after finding out recently that my car was leaking oil. (main rear seal leak) today whilst stopped at a set of lights a mate of mine noticed that my car was shaking/vibrating alot.
want i would like to know is what are some signs of rough idling? and how my problem can be fixed.
it idles around 500-600 rpm and the problem dissappears when i switch to neutral (its an auto) i then drove home turned it off and let it sit outfront for a round 4 hrs as i had other things to do. came back out and started the car and noticed that it didnt have the same symptoms as before. ( massive shakes)

soooooo people opinions?

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
Aha amazingly enough i was also going to start a similar thread, my car idles normally in park, but if im sitting at the lights with it in drive it idles very rough, then the idle drops the engine light comes on. Once i start driving again everything returns back to normal.

jasevt

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 vt 50th anniversary s1
I've had the same problem before with a holden apolla <(BEAST), and it had something to do with miss firing when it was under load (in gear) not thats much help thats all the mechanic told me, pretty sure he just gave it a tune and service and lied to me as normal