Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Shuts Off Whilst Driving.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
That may have just helped. I'm not saying 100% it IS the DFI module / coil pack, but it sounds alot like it. You may also have a dodgy wire up to your battery. Couldn't really tell you without testing it all out etc.

But if you replace the DFI module and that's not what it was, then at least that's one less thing you will have to worry about in the future :)

vs_commy5506

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS BT1 Commodore
No worries mate thanks a million for ya help!

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
All good dude. Good luck with it!

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Not cranking is weird. Apart from that it sounds exactly like the DFI. Mine cut out on the highway doing 100k's when my DFI failed and i rolled about 2 k's before i found somewhere to pull over.
Checked your error codes ? that should tell you something.

vs_commy5506

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS BT1 Commodore
mine only cuts out really at low speeds for example at traffic lights starts to loose power ect wierd ****.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Only in low speeds? Hmmm nah that doesn't sound like the DFI module then, that's weird.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Does the battery light come on long before it stalls ? If its the alternator the battery light should come on, indicating the system is not charging.
EDIT : Cleaned your IAC port lately ?

vs_commy5506

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS BT1 Commodore
ok i started the car it idled ruff sounded like an electrical missfire of somesort then throttle response was delayed like half a second after i put my foot down it would then accelerate then when i travel slow and turn a corner it missfires like a bad earth or somthing car shakes then stalls and keeps rolling the dash is still lite up i turn the key off try start it and then nothing , wait 10 mins then starts runs rough again and does the same ****.
its so retarded lol

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
i was having this problem and no1 seem to be able to fix it but i had moved my battery to boot mine used to happen as you say low speed like taking off from lights and wat not
i upgraded all of the main earths in my car i now have 2 in the boot one gogin to jsut the boot lid and one going down to the main chassis where the tow bar used to bolt onto then at the front of car i made a connection from main earthing down to chassis this helped it for a while but just recently i sparked the battery by accident on the motor as i was doing roller rockers and alternator was in the way so the active touched motor and it sparked huge and so im thinking a blew an earth somewhere else so its started playing up again so i put another earth on and now its doing it sometimes but not as much i didnt sand the earthing place back so once i do that i shall give you feedback but im pretty sure this is your problem