Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Shuts Off Whilst Driving.

2001_VXSS

keepin' it real
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina Series II
lol yeah **** in ur throttle body will stall her at low revs. just hope for the best and hope it has fixed ur problem.

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
hey mate did this work as i am having same problems as you (dfi module has been replaced, coils, cas ) and my throttle body is clean taken it to auto sparky and he had a good look and then just said look it may take me a week to find the problem so i cant give you a price on fixing it and he just said id be better off trying myself first i upgraded all the earths in my car and have gone around to the wiring looms and tugged on them here and there trying to get car to stall out. nopthingin has worked
i have changed efi and ignition relays over with other just incase.
is a real head ***

2001_VXSS

keepin' it real
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina Series II
hey guys.. do u have an aftermarket alarm? has a look at connection on that and see if it is connected to the fuel line. if it is simple remove it from fuel line and see how that goes.. costs nothing and nothing bad can come out of it..

I had same problem u guys are having now. change everything that mechanics told me too then spoke to a family friend who had the same problem and it was there immoboliser messing with their fuel line's and cutting the fuel off so car would just die but electrics nothing wrong.

just have a look at ur alarm, check how old it is? and if it is connected to fuel line at all.. will take 5mins to see if it is, easy and costless.

hope this helps

Croydon

Croydon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec 3.8 auto wagon, bench seat
I have had the same problem with my VRII. Silly dealers tried a new crank angle sensor - didn't work! I tracked it down to a verdigreed connector just under the engine comparment relay box (the block in the clear shield). The ECU told me DFI issues when in diagnostic mode. It has since done it again (after 2 years) and I suspect it is the earthing on the DFI this time. I cleaned it up, and it is now working fine. New probs are central locking not working (BCM seems OK). Does it ever end.........

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
i found out wat my problem was the washer at the back of alternator was shorting out battery as the ceramic coating had worn off and the washer wasnt hard up it was in the breeze so it was getting into the right position then touching the positive and the outside of the alternator (negative) so my battery would be well and truly ***ed now as well