Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car smashed into...quote?

B

BoostinJet

I use to work at hopkins street panels an a job like that would be rougly around the 1200$ mark. It shouldn't be to hard to fix, but i wouldn't suggest you take the advice to get a dodgy panel beater to fix it will a hammer an bog, I've seen it done, Doesn't look right from the start, an just ****s up within months getting it done.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
if they hit you then it isnt coming out of your pocket anyway. in the case it was a hit and run then why wouldnt you fork out the $900 excess? its still significantly less than your minimum quote, and if it were a carpark hit then you would file it as a no fault claim and it shouldnt affect your rating (though you still have to pay the $900).
check your company, if they will do it as a no fault claim then put it through, if tehy wont, make sure they are very clear on how it will affect your rating and future excess, but i dare say youll still be better off claiming than not claiming.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
at what cost do they write of cars these day's

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
if the repair exceeds 70% the cars redbook value i believe.

in which case it would be a close call... if that was case best not to claim, didnt think of that.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
**** i wish that was the case with the girlfriends camry. she wasnt given a choice. (racv). car valued at about 9k and did just under 7k damage, written-off without question. damn good car it was.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
vlv8vic said:
**** i wish that was the case with the girlfriends camry. she wasnt given a choice. (racv). car valued at about 9k and did just under 7k damage, written-off without question. damn good car it was.

Ah that sucks. My insurance on my old VL was through SGIC and they did it on agreed value which was $3,400...
They told me to get a quote from 3 different repairers and they said unfortunately if it was over $3400 it would be a write off.... Damage was assessed at $6,500+ lol... So it was a write off anyway :cry:

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
hey guys just another question....

If a jobs done properly you cant tell that the car has been fixed up right? i mean with bog and stuff??

or would i be better of getting a new panel put in?

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
new panel would be generally be better. it depends on what can be done though and how good of a job they plan on doing. bog job would certainly be easier and cheaper.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
for a car to become written off the damage has to be over half the value of the car to be classed as written off,
so for a avg vn/vp, worth $2500 only $1250 worth off damage is needed to be classed as written off,