Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car stops fuel relay gets hot

Beak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Aclaim
I drive the car for 10 minutes then it stops the fuel relay is hot and car wont start for about an hour.
Any ideas what htis could be?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
It could be that the CAS (Crank Angle Sensor) is stuffed.Its a very common problem and can cause similar problems to yours.Also check for any set error codes,this test is simple to do,and only takes a minute or two.Heres a link to a page that shows you how to do this.Sometimes the CAS will not show an error code,even if it is playing up.Ive seen this happen on more than one occasion,so its something to keep in mind.Its easier to replace the CAS if its more than a few years old.Try to only use genuine holden sensors.
---https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/checking-error-codes-vr-vs-revised.22307---

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'd go with Bretts advice first, then if no go there, try swapping the relay as it might be arcing inside and then overheating which may kill the power supply to the fuel pump.

muttley383

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 383
If the fuel pump relay is getting hot then there is a bad contact heating up or excessive current being drawn. This will in essence reduce the voltage to the fuel pump and inturn not supply enough fuel or stop working all together.
If it was mine, I would replace the relay or find out why it is overheating.