Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car swap advice.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
What were you originally planing to do after you sold your sv6 , before the offer to swap ?

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
If the SS was stock standard, pampered from new buy one owner who loved it, maybe.
Keep your SV6 mate.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
If you really want to swap, get a pro to check it out with a written report to be on the safe side..

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
TML678, you didn't mention this outstanding fitment .....'Aftermarket front scoop on bonnet for better air flow'
EXTERIOR
Aftermarket front scoop on bonnet for better air flow Super low king springs allround Tow bar Black paint job with gold pearl in the sun

Yeah, that entire line screams thrasher. People that pour money into paint jobs (or even the previous owner) then sell them? Scoop will probably cause issues for road worthy depending on where you are. I'm guessing he thinks that these are value adders, mods rarely add anything unless it's some supremely rare genuine body kit or panel.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Yeah, that entire line screams thrasher.

Yep, a thrashed out mangbox without a doubt.. the whole description screams it lol.

Cam-ralph

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
TML678, you didn't mention this outstanding fitment .....'Aftermarket front scoop on bonnet for better air flow'
How good is that ? That should have been enough to convince Cam-ralph that it is a well loved and maintained vehicle, and should be worth a shedload of profit when he sells it. ;)

PS.... what is a litre of fuel cost now ? I saw it well over NZ $2 at Christmas.

I must say I did have a bit of a laugh at this statement, but if the scoop doesn’t offer better air flow what else does it do

Fuel atm is about $2.20 for 98

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..

Cam-ralph

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Thanks for all the comments guys, I told him a few hours ago that I will pass