Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car switches off when breaking sometimes

hoon1

hoon1
Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vp 5lt
help its only happened twice but i lose all breaks and sterring and i have two small kids in the car.:rip would the little black hose from the gear box do it as it is hanging down its a vp 5.0lt:rip:

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
Performing an in depth analysis on his post I believe the problem to be: His car stalls when braking, sometimes. Further analysis reveals that there is a black hose hanging off the gear box, which the OP has mentioned to aid those more knowledgeable in diagnosing the problem.

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
so it stalls?
i think the "little black hose" your reffering to is actually the hand brake cabil haning down.
ok give me the run down of what was going on when it happend. besides the fact you were braking

Hillerus

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VP Exec,Gsx-R 750
I was wondering if perhaps his batt/connections or something may be loose and moving around under heavy braking. Or a vacumm leak or something? Maybe we should have a thread dedicated to trying to read/decipher his post?

hoon1

hoon1
Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vp 5lt
its the breather hose for the gear box so dont worry about it ill take it to someone who can tell me thanks anyway

dmitch

DonkeySS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS S2
breather hose has just fallen down.. it not a prob.. mine is the same just cant b bothered jackin it up just 2 mount hose properly.. oh and its brakes...