Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car to purchase

tebz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II
Hey guys, i've had an account for a while to admire others rides and mods but i am 18 in just under a month and i want a VY but am not too sure on what to get depending on prices and stuff.
i was either thinking a vy s ( I or II) or a VY calais...
and mods i would do to it hopefully within the year would be exhaust mods, lowered, rims, sound system mods...
was just hoping for a few suggestions
thanks!

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
i would try to get a berlina or calais as they have the projector light, climate control..... etc

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
calais all the way! :)

I may be a touch bias though

H Bomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
i'd say calais, they are just better and series 2 already has basic sideskirts and front lip etc, so then lowering, rims and debadging with dark tint and they look very smooth for not much effort, if the budget stretches then a VZ will give you the alloytech 190kw V6 which should be legal?, stereo is easy to upgrade and have the better front and rear tail lights also.......I too am biased though.....if you are gonna go nuts on the kit though then just get a exec for cheap and go crazy, but no reverse sensors, climate control, 6 air bags minimum etc.

tebz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II
i'd say calais, they are just better and series 2 already has basic sideskirts and front lip etc, so then lowering, rims and debadging with dark tint and they look very smooth for not much effort, if the budget stretches then a VZ will give you the alloytech 190kw V6 which should be legal?, stereo is easy to upgrade and have the better front and rear tail lights also.......I too am biased though.....if you are gonna go nuts on the kit though then just get a exec for cheap and go crazy, but no reverse sensors, climate control, 6 air bags minimum etc.

yeah i was thinking that, im guessing youve got a calais? haha

im also thinking if i put the same exhaust on an exec and on a calais would they most likely sound the same?

H Bomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
yeah i was thinking that, im guessing youve got a calais? haha

im also thinking if i put the same exhaust on an exec and on a calais would they most likely sound the same?

same engine, should be the same note (and price), unless its the VZ alloytech?, dunno much about them though. I am biased, do have a VYII, only gripe is I woulda loved the v8 or at least the charged 6 but you dont get that choice. Make sure you get a mechanically good one, RACV checked etc if possible, just so you dont get cranky fixing small stuff up all the time instead of dropping your $$$ on fun stuff like rims and stereo's