Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Troubles...

justagirl86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Hi all,

I am new to this site, and I know nothing about cars..

I have a 200 model VX Executive,

I have had it "serviced" or so we were told it was.. It uses petrol like crazy, I fill up a full tank at least twice a week, and I only drive local.. Also, when I break, the whole car shakes really badly..

Any ideas as to what it is would be great, considering a qualified mechanic did absolutely nothing..:hmmm:

Thanks

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The brake shudder is usually due to warped rotors (the discs for the brakes), you can either get them machined if they are not too thin already or you can replace the rotors. Rotors a reasonably cheap if you shop around (about $50 each). I recommend the second option.
The high petrol consumption could be due to any number of things but faulty oxygen sensors is up near the top of the list. Doing an error code check could reveal more.

Last edited:

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
What Accentstencil said, also Dirty Injectors, dirty Fuel Filter/Air Filter, Throttle Body could need a clean, Air Flow meter could also be on its way out.