Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car turned off while driving

Sv62011wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sports wagon series 2
My car key wasn’t working to unlock car, only to unlock by inserting key. The went for a drive and the car randomly turned off while driving through an intersection. Wouldn’t start for a few minutes, luckily there was no cars but when it did turn on the car had reset and the keys work to unlock/lock again. Anyone have any idea what could have caused this as I have no clue about cars?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
My car key wasn’t working to unlock car, only to unlock by inserting key. The went for a drive and the car randomly turned off while driving through an intersection. Wouldn’t start for a few minutes, luckily there was no cars but when it did turn on the car had reset and the keys work to unlock/lock again. Anyone have any idea what could have caused this as I have no clue about cars?
I’d start with changing the batteries in the key fob first up as it’s the cheapest and easiest thing to eliminate. The car needs to be able to communicate with the key to verify that the car isn’t being stolen so low batteries could be the problem.

The key fob might have a fault in it that’s stopping it from working properly but eliminating the batteries first is the cheaper option before getting a replacement key fob.