Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car very fumey after cam

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
@Lex Abusing their monopoly and charging a fortune for e85.

Went past today, e85 $2.30, 98 $1.85.

Reactions: Lex

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Still 249.9 for E85 in Perth today - same tomorrow.....and only 10 United sites sell it.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The closest United to me (which is still a fair bit outta the way) has E85 now for 219.9 and PULP98 for 210.9 ... against the nearby BP which used to have their E85 blend a while back but not for yonks now, and has PULP98 for 215.9 ... the Apex and Speedway servos down on Victoria Rd (about 5km away but not in any direction I'd want to go) are both 169.7 for PULP98.

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Still 249.9 for E85 in Perth today - same tomorrow.....and only 10 United sites sell it.
Damn bro. Considering you'll burn 30% more on a bad day in real terms it's $3.25 a litre.

F@ck em, load the ACCC up with complaints.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
IDK

E85 is a boutique fuel, the only people I know who use it have highly modified cars, which, is a tiny fraction of the people who turn up at a petrol station

For a petrol station to dedicate one of its tanks to a boutique fuel is pretty lucky I reckon, and as far as I know united are the only place you can get it from a pump

Holden tried E85 Flex but it didn't take of mainstream, the general population had no interest, the government didn't push it, hell, the greenies didn't push it

I believe this is why it is as expensive as it is

This is why Caltex got rid of it, any smart business wanting to make money would bin a E85 pump and swap it out for a fuels that most people use now, E10, 95 or 98, United, are in my opinion, doing the performance world a solid by actually dedicating tanks and pumps, albeit a costly solid

If someone wrote a letter to complain about a service I was providing to a niche clientele, which I could easily replace with a more popular product, I would just bin that service, be careful what you wish for, sometimes it bites you on the arse

You don't know how good you have it, until you don't

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
E85 is a boutique fuel, the only people I know who use it have highly modified cars, which, is a tiny fraction of the people who turn up at a petrol station

For a petrol station to dedicate one of its tanks to a boutique fuel is pretty lucky I reckon, and as far as I know united are the only place you can get it from a pump
It's like the days a few servo's had avgas on pump. It was never a big seller but most held on to it until leaded fuel for road use was eventually banned.