Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car wont start after jumpstart misshap

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
rightttttt .

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Just one thing, when jumpstarting, you connect the negative jumper lead to the engine on the car being JUMPSTARTED. Provides a better earth for the motor. Read the manual that came with your vehicle...

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Explination for lights and radio maybe:

Radio, if you fry the ECU the radio doesnt "work" it thinks it was stolen and asks for the pin. Unless it's an aftermarket one in which case i have no idea.

Lights, in a Calais BT1 are controlled by the ECU especially when in Auto lights mode [if fitted]. If you mean cluster lights, cluster is controlled by ECU too.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Explination for lights and radio maybe:

Radio, if you fry the ECU the radio doesnt "work" it thinks it was stolen and asks for the pin. Unless it's an aftermarket one in which case i have no idea.

Lights, in a Calais BT1 are controlled by the ECU especially when in Auto lights mode [if fitted]. If you mean cluster lights, cluster is controlled by ECU too.

Perhaps on later models but on the VN Calais the radio and lights run on separate circuits to the Ecu, or have any interaction with it to my knowledge. Don't believe they had a BCM either, or option of auto lights. Your right about the radio, if power is disconnected the factory radio will ask for a code next time its powered up.

Jamesx341

xch4ser
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn Calais
Perhaps on later models but on the VN Calais the radio and lights run on separate circuits to the Ecu, or have any interaction with it to my knowledge. Don't believe they had a BCM either, or option of auto lights. Your right about the radio, if power is disconnected the factory radio will ask for a code next time its powered up.

The headlights and dash lights did not work not sure if it is a bt1 i will have to check

as for the radio yes it is a after market one and was not working no sure what was going on with that

since replacing the ecu have had no problems !!