Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car wont start, help

Dee jay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0 Ltr manual & 96 WRX
Wtf my car isnt starting as soon as i turn it over it starts then dies strait away..... It started the 1st time and when i was trying to warm it up it cut out and hasnt started since help!! Ha

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Is the immobiliser turning off (flashing light in mode switch)?

CHA53R

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
Unlock the car hop in. Lock the doors with the key (if central locking still works) then unlock it and quickly try start it. Mine did this. I used this as a bandaid for a week then wouldn't start at all. See if it works for you. Get a new key programed by a tech 2 at Holden. $130. I don't like using Holden but I have read that many threads about locksmiths not programing the key right and bam people get stuck and can't get the car started again. Holden told me that if your buttons are showing wear replace the key. About every 5 years depending on use.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Won't it just not turn over at all if the immobiliser is on? Can you hear the fuel pump priming when you turn the key on?
It will turn over, start for about half a second and die, providing that you go quickly from off to start. If you pause between off and start it won't even start for the half second.
At least that is what what happened when my immobiliser packed it in.