Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Berlins
gave the car a good run on the highway, but im still wondering why the battery died, the car was running perfectly hours prier to the removal, could it be an alternator?, and how do i get rid of the srs airbag fault on he dash?

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
i changed the terminals but i still got the same problem, i think the battery is flat, anyone know why the battery died even tho its not that old? the car was sitting in the backyard since i got it 6 months ago, and was started/driven every 2 weeks or so.

You can't just leave a battery lying idle for six months, give the car a run every 2 weeks and expect the battery to be in good condition.
The battery will discharge over a period of time. They are not "storage batteries" and need to be kept charged and maintained.

I had a car battery I used to take camping to power some 12v lights (I never ran the battery completely flat) and to maintain that, I purchased a small 2amp wall charger.
After I had used it, I would charge it back up with a normal charger and then keep it on the small wall charger to maintain it's charge.
The small wall charger just provided a small trickle charge. This kept the battery in a charged condition 'till next time.
The only thing I had to do was to check the acid level in the battery every now and then, as it was not a maintenance free battery.

gave the car a good run on the highway, but im still wondering why the battery died, the car was running perfectly hours prier to the removal, could it be an alternator?, and how do i get rid of the srs airbag fault on he dash?

You need to get the fault checked as to why the airbag light is on and then get the fault removed by a scan tool.

Holden vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Berlins
thanks for the help mate, will get the the car looked at asap

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Get an Auto Electrician or your Auto Club (if a member) to do a load test on the battery. It's the only sure way of knowing if the battery is serviceable (i.e. of any use) - or not.