Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

car wont start

vs gary

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 vs berlina wagon
hi.i have a problem with the ignition when i turn the key all the lights come on but no attempt to start.if you try a few times it will and sometimes straight away.if i push in the button on mycentral locking it will start but the power train yellow light stays on. it is the connection with the key and the 2 metal contacts i think. any pointers on how to fix? thanks guys.

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
hi.i have a problem with the ignition when i turn the key all the lights come on but no attempt to start.if you try a few times it will and sometimes straight away.if i push in the button on mycentral locking it will start but the power train yellow light stays on. it is the connection with the key and the 2 metal contacts i think. any pointers on how to fix? thanks guys.

Most likely is the battery in the remote, my VR is pulling the same stunt and replacing the key head is your best bet, as the battery is soldered in , however you can replace the battery but there's a chance you could brick the remote though, check around the place and you will find the thread

Last edited: