Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Write-Off

brianbee

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
Hi just wondering what other peoples opinions are, have a VE Berlina Dual Fuel sedan had it parked in the carpark at work,some old lady went to park her car in the opposite side car park hit the accelerator instead of the brake leapt the concrete barrier on her side and came roaring up the back end of my car, my car has been pushed forward up the gutter a full cars length and hit a tree and the rear of my car is on her bonnet.

Her insurance declared my car a total loss then changed there mind and said there was only $18k damage and therefore can repair it.When i asked what they were repairing was told front and back bumpers and a couple of panels etc etc but when i asked about the transmission and gearbox was told that will be looked at after repair.

Now im no expert when it comes to car engines but i thought if a car was in park and gets hit from behind and pushed forward then you do damage to your transmission/gearbox.Now this hasnt even been factored into the repair bill, now im not happy because i have a near new family car thats just going to be repaired and who knows what will happen down the track if they say theres no damage to the engine, and can hardly sell it to anyone with this history.

Anyway just wondering what people think and if this sounds fair.

mummbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV Redline Sportwagon
Get it re assesd. And call your insurance company asking if you can get it re assesed

+1. Make your claim with your insurance company and get them to assess it. No one gives a toss what someone else's insurance company says.

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
SkidBro & Mummbles are right: her insurer doesn't care if you're happy ...
I'll re-phrase that:
her insurer cares even less than your own insurer cares about making you happy
I hope you can get a satisfactory resolution, but remember: no-one else is looking out for you, so you'll have to be vigilant ...

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
put it through your insurance company get them to assess it and chase the costs dont let her insurance dictated the terms

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
hahaha sorry dude but that story is too funny! Sorry for your loss but I hope that lady had her licence taken from her. Clearly too old to be driving and is very dangerous!