Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Yard B.S. excuses!

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Hi All
Today i was talking to a Sydney dealer whom which i have had an order in for a VFSSV Redline for the past 5 weeks, i was informed that my promised date for my car to delivered to the dealer 2nd of June, was a type O and now the new date will be the 20th of June, i then proceed to ask the dealer to let me know what the cost would be as i would be cancelling my order. He told me that he would find out and call me back. Three minutes later he returned my call and now had a car that was onroute to be delivered to another dealer but would be at my dealers yard on the 4th June as he had organized to swap the 20th car for this one. When i asked why he hadn't simply undertaken this before he had no answer and just said that he was sorry and didn't want to lose my custom.

So it got me to thinking that alot of other people would be on the receiving end of this kind of dibbling sh!t and thought that it would be an interesting question to post here.

So please share your vast experience :yahoo:

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
The reason he did that was because he did not wish to lose a sale, even if the sale was with a customer who is clearly an impatient pain in the asss. Did you spare a thought for the other guy that has to wait now? of course not, you're a selfish turd aren't you?

We've all dealt with one of these ####ing people haven't we?? How annoying are they? They think because they spend a few grand with your shop that they own you.

You couldn't wait the extra three weeks or accept the possibility of human error? You know there is a recall on and lots of customers have had their delivery dates shuffled back?

It is ####s just like you that made this country the bog it has become.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for such positive feedback. I somehow feel better knowing that people like you exist in real life and not just as the butt of someone bad joke. I failed to mention that the original promised date was two weeks earlier. Keep fighting the good fight "Big Al"

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
waaa waaa my car is going to be a couple of weeks late. Gonna cancel order now. Pout!

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
you better go now i think i here your mum calling

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
The reason he did that was because he did not wish to lose a sale, even if the sale was with a customer who is clearly an impatient pain in the asss. Did you spare a thought for the other guy that has to wait now? of course not, you're a selfish turd aren't you?

We've all dealt with one of these ####ing people haven't we?? How annoying are they? They think because they spend a few grand with your shop that they own you.

You couldn't wait the extra three weeks or accept the possibility of human error? You know there is a recall on and lots of customers have had their delivery dates shuffled back?

It is ####s just like you that made this country the bog it has become

Well said al.

**** happens and thing come up at work all the time that makes us later than the original deadline given. I'm glad this guys not my customer.

First world problems..

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Hi All
Today i was talking to a Sydney dealer whom which i have had an order in for a VFSSV Redline for the past 5 weeks, i was informed that my promised date for my car to delivered to the dealer 2nd of June, was a type O and now the new date will be the 20th of June, i then proceed to ask the dealer to let me know what the cost would be as i would be cancelling my order. He told me that he would find out and call me back. Three minutes later he returned my call and now had a car that was onroute to be delivered to another dealer but would be at my dealers yard on the 4th June as he had organized to swap the 20th car for this one. When i asked why he hadn't simply undertaken this before he had no answer and just said that he was sorry and didn't want to lose my custom.

So it got me to thinking that alot of other people would be on the receiving end of this kind of dibbling sh!t and thought that it would be an interesting question to post here.

So please share your vast experience :yahoo:
And that's a problem how exactly ?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
So you experienced good customer service? The salesman went out of his way to find you a car in a shorter timeframe than could be delivered by Holden...a company which dealers have no control over and you're having a winge?

Well done. You have now fully ascertained the level of "ungrateful piece of ****".

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well said al.

**** happens and thing come up at work all the time that makes us later than the original deadline given. I'm glad this guys not my customer.

First world problems..
Well said WazzaVN