Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Yard B.S. excuses!

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by markalan1two, Jun 3, 2014.

1. markalan1two

markalan1two Smile and wave boys !!!!

Members Ride:
    X3 3.0 BMW, GenF2 GTS, Corolla ZR, Audi S3 Cab
    Hi All
    Today i was talking to a Sydney dealer whom which i have had an order in for a VFSSV Redline for the past 5 weeks, i was informed that my promised date for my car to delivered to the dealer 2nd of June, was a type O and now the new date will be the 20th of June, i then proceed to ask the dealer to let me know what the cost would be as i would be cancelling my order. He told me that he would find out and call me back. Three minutes later he returned my call and now had a car that was onroute to be delivered to another dealer but would be at my dealers yard on the 4th June as he had organized to swap the 20th car for this one. When i asked why he hadn't simply undertaken this before he had no answer and just said that he was sorry and didn't want to lose my custom.

So it got me to thinking that alot of other people would be on the receiving end of this kind of dibbling sh!t and thought that it would be an interesting question to post here.

So please share your vast experience :yahoo:

2. Big-Al

Big-Al Banned

Members Ride:
    VY SS 5.7 M6
    The reason he did that was because he did not wish to lose a sale, even if the sale was with a customer who is clearly an impatient pain in the asss. Did you spare a thought for the other guy that has to wait now? of course not, you're a selfish turd aren't you?

We've all dealt with one of these ####ing people haven't we?? How annoying are they? They think because they spend a few grand with your shop that they own you.

You couldn't wait the extra three weeks or accept the possibility of human error? You know there is a recall on and lots of customers have had their delivery dates shuffled back?

It is ####s just like you that made this country the bog it has become.

3. markalan1two

Members Ride:
    Thanks for such positive feedback. I somehow feel better knowing that people like you exist in real life and not just as the butt of someone bad joke. I failed to mention that the original promised date was two weeks earlier. Keep fighting the good fight "Big Al"

4. Big-Al

Big-Al Banned

Members Ride:
    VY SS 5.7 M6
    have a sook.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  5. Big-Al

Big-Al Banned

Members Ride:
    VY SS 5.7 M6
    waaa waaa my car is going to be a couple of weeks late. Gonna cancel order now. Pout!

6. markalan1two

Members Ride:
    you better go now i think i here your mum calling

7. WazzaVN

WazzaVN Wazza VN

Members Ride:
    VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
    Well said al.

**** happens and thing come up at work all the time that makes us later than the original deadline given. I'm glad this guys not my customer.

First world problems..

8. commodore665

commodore665 expat Saffa

Members Ride:
    2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
    And that's a problem how exactly ?

9. Sabbath'

Sabbath' Redblock Jesus

Members Ride:
    80 Series// MK5 GTi//
    So you experienced good customer service? The salesman went out of his way to find you a car in a shorter timeframe than could be delivered by Holden...a company which dealers have no control over and you're having a winge?

Well done. You have now fully ascertained the level of "ungrateful piece of ****".

10. markalan1two

Members Ride:
    Well said WazzaVN

11. markalan1two

Members Ride:
    Thanks for all you well wishes

12. Jesterarts

Jesterarts Your freedom ends where mine begins

Members Ride:
    2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
    Yeah, this always happens. The customer who kicks up a stink gets what they want and are still not happy while the customer who is alright and not a princess loses out.

My favorite part in this thread is how the OP is surprised his car is running late. Ofcourse it is, it's pretty much common knowledge that the Holdens are late. They are being build by people who are disgruntled because they don't have a job soon and before that they were being built by people who are disgruntled because they felt they were entitled to more, more, more.

13. Munz

Munz Right Foot Action

Members Ride:
    VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
    If you did want to pull out of the deal there would be NO cost. If its in writing they have to refund the deposit no questions.

14. markalan1two

Members Ride:
    I agree with you. I did receive good customer service with the dealer sourcing a car, but why should you be promised one date have it moved, then have it moved again, then have to contact the dealer on the day it was supposed to be delivered to them (there are other option to be done about a week) and being told the date has changed again. I have a dead line for this car to be delivered due to eofy which the dealer new this from the start. I personally think that the dealer probably knew the real date but realised that i would go somewhere else.
    I feel sorry for the motor industry and for Australia in general not having our own "car" is going to be crap in the future. Having to buy cars that aren't really suited to Australia will suck. I buy a new cars every 18 months- 2 years and currently have BMW's i went back to Holden because i missed that Australian car feel and V8's that don't cost $200 000 to buy.

I actually started the threat to hear some funny excuses not to bag the car dealers of the world ..................i obviously screwed the pouched there :doh:

15. Reaper

Reaper Tells it like it is.

Members Ride:
    RG Z71 Colorado, VZ LX8 Adventra, VP SS
    Lol. TBH I see it as holding a dealer to account. I'm sure many "pushover" customers have their cars re-allocated to others who will either get a car or walk. Maybe the "typo" was real or on the other hand it might have been a try on. That said, it looks like he's getting his car so be happy and enjoy it :)

haha - exactly. Presuming the "2 June" was the delivery date on the contract and no car, then the contract would be void. "How much is it going to cost me to get out???" bwahahahaa. Really I'd be pushing for compo from the other party (not that I'd succeed but you never know :p).

16. GH05T

GH05T New Member

Members Ride:
    VF SSV Ute
    dealers get dicked around by the manufacturer, transport companies, suppliers and other people who they rely on. these companies get dicked around too so allot can go wrong and change. this is VERY rarely the dealers fault.

they give you the earliest date they can to keep you happy and give enough time for a reasonable amount of **** going wrong while looking after many other customers and trying to get new sales to pay their bills.
    they only get paid and get you off their back when you take the car, they have no reason to hold that date back.
    customers need to learn to give a reasonable amount of wiggle room too.

if you dont like "car yard bs" then go buy a private sale car and stop bothering the people who spend every day trying to do a sometimes very taxing job.... see how much complaning you get to do then.

17. vrsprspt

vrsprspt Member

Members Ride:
    Series 1 VT Senator
    Your story just keeps growing lol
    Oh wait.....
    But there's still more.....
    (....I hope people feel sorry for me now...FML)
    ....guess you had to suffer in your 2 BMWs while waiting for your new SSV Redline......damn life is tough

18. IBLOWN

IBLOWN Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
  19. Grennan

Grennan Slayer of Stupid Threads

Members Ride:
    VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
    20 bucks says the dealer does a few "test laps" of the local industrial estate just to make sure the car is working.

Id personally take off my pants and get those juices in the leather. Turn the heater up to full boar for extra moist.

I have to agree with the majority here. Look, I understand you want your car, youre excited to get it. But from your other posts, it just sounds like you are one of those "the customer is always right" people that throw their weight around.

**** happens, the guy has gone out of his way to help you and you still complain about excuses.

20. markalan1two

Members Ride:
    I don't remember selecting that option "gentleman jelly on the seat"