Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Yard B.S. excuses!

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Thanks for all you well wishes

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah, this always happens. The customer who kicks up a stink gets what they want and are still not happy while the customer who is alright and not a princess loses out.

My favorite part in this thread is how the OP is surprised his car is running late. Ofcourse it is, it's pretty much common knowledge that the Holdens are late. They are being build by people who are disgruntled because they don't have a job soon and before that they were being built by people who are disgruntled because they felt they were entitled to more, more, more.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
i was informed that my promised date for my car to delivered to the dealer 2nd of June, was a type O and now the new date will be the 20th of June, i then proceed to ask the dealer to let me know what the cost would be as i would be cancelling my order. :

If you did want to pull out of the deal there would be NO cost. If its in writing they have to refund the deposit no questions.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, this always happens. The customer who kicks up a stink gets what they want and are still not happy while the customer who is alright and not a princess loses out.

My favorite part in this thread is how the OP is surprised his car is running late. Ofcourse it is, it's pretty much common knowledge that the Holdens are late. They are being build by people who are disgruntled because they don't have a job soon and before that they were being built by people who are disgruntled because they felt they were entitled to more, more, more.

I agree with you. I did receive good customer service with the dealer sourcing a car, but why should you be promised one date have it moved, then have it moved again, then have to contact the dealer on the day it was supposed to be delivered to them (there are other option to be done about a week) and being told the date has changed again. I have a dead line for this car to be delivered due to eofy which the dealer new this from the start. I personally think that the dealer probably knew the real date but realised that i would go somewhere else.
I feel sorry for the motor industry and for Australia in general not having our own "car" is going to be crap in the future. Having to buy cars that aren't really suited to Australia will suck. I buy a new cars every 18 months- 2 years and currently have BMW's i went back to Holden because i missed that Australian car feel and V8's that don't cost $200 000 to buy.

I actually started the threat to hear some funny excuses not to bag the car dealers of the world ..................i obviously screwed the pouched there :doh:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
So you experienced good customer service? The salesman went out of his way to find you a car in a shorter timeframe than could be delivered by Holden...a company which dealers have no control over and you're having a winge?

Well done. You have now fully ascertained the level of "ungrateful piece of ****".

Lol. TBH I see it as holding a dealer to account. I'm sure many "pushover" customers have their cars re-allocated to others who will either get a car or walk. Maybe the "typo" was real or on the other hand it might have been a try on. That said, it looks like he's getting his car so be happy and enjoy it :)

If you did want to pull out of the deal there would be NO cost. If its in writing they have to refund the deposit no questions.

haha - exactly. Presuming the "2 June" was the delivery date on the contract and no car, then the contract would be void. "How much is it going to cost me to get out???" bwahahahaa. Really I'd be pushing for compo from the other party (not that I'd succeed but you never know :p).

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
dealers get dicked around by the manufacturer, transport companies, suppliers and other people who they rely on. these companies get dicked around too so allot can go wrong and change. this is VERY rarely the dealers fault.

they give you the earliest date they can to keep you happy and give enough time for a reasonable amount of **** going wrong while looking after many other customers and trying to get new sales to pay their bills.
they only get paid and get you off their back when you take the car, they have no reason to hold that date back.
customers need to learn to give a reasonable amount of wiggle room too.

if you dont like "car yard bs" then go buy a private sale car and stop bothering the people who spend every day trying to do a sometimes very taxing job.... see how much complaning you get to do then.

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
Your story just keeps growing lol
i was informed that my promised date for my car to delivered to the dealer 2nd of June, was a type O and now the new date will be the 20th of June
Oh wait.....
I failed to mention that the original promised date was two weeks earlier.
But there's still more.....
but why should you be promised one date have it moved, then have it moved again, then have to contact the dealer on the day it was supposed to be delivered to them (there are other option to be done about a week) and being told the date has changed again.
(....I hope people feel sorry for me now...FML)
....guess you had to suffer in your 2 BMWs while waiting for your new SSV Redline......damn life is tough

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
20 bucks says the dealer does a few "test laps" of the local industrial estate just to make sure the car is working.

Id personally take off my pants and get those juices in the leather. Turn the heater up to full boar for extra moist.

I have to agree with the majority here. Look, I understand you want your car, youre excited to get it. But from your other posts, it just sounds like you are one of those "the customer is always right" people that throw their weight around.

**** happens, the guy has gone out of his way to help you and you still complain about excuses.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
20 bucks says the dealer does a few "test laps" of the local industrial estate just to make sure the car is working.

Id personally take off my pants and get those juices in the leather. Turn the heater up to full boar for extra moist.

I have to agree with the majority here. Look, I understand you want your car, youre excited to get it. But from your other posts, it just sounds like you are one of those "the customer is always right" people that throw their weight around.

**** happens, the guy has gone out of his way to help you and you still complain about excuses.

I don't remember selecting that option "gentleman jelly on the seat"