Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Caradvice.com.au: HSV E Series 2 range spied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Caradvice.com.au: HSV E Series 2 range spied

CarAdvice can exclusively bring you the first spy photos of the next generation Holden Special Vehicles E Series 2 range, in cooperation with Pavle.com.au.

2010_hsv_gts_ca_2-480x285.jpg

Unlike its Holden companions, the HSV E2 range has received an extensive redesign and boasts a radically different appearance to its predecessors.
Immediately obvious is the new front fascia with integrated LED driving lights together with a new Pontiac G8-style vented bonnet.

2010_hsv_gts_ca-480x281.jpg

Buyers will also be able to choose from at least two front fascia styles, as showcased with the W427-inspired blacked out mouth style on the R8 Tourer in these photos.
At the rear, the new E2 range receives a far more aggressive diffuser with rakish oversized vents and twin oval exhausts.
A bi-modal exhaust will feature as standard on the GTS and as an option for the Clubsport R8 and Senator Signature, unleashing full noise from the LS3 V8 engine at the touch of a button.

2010_hsv_tourer_ca_2-480x287.jpg

To further differentiate the GTS as the brand’s performance flagship; it will boast a high output version of the LS3 6.2-litre V8 engine, bringing power up to 320kW.
The GTS and Senator Signature have been lowered 8mm closer to the asphalt for an overall ride height of 112mm, while the Clubsport R8 loses 3mm, going down to 117mm.

The brake package remains identical for the Clubsport R8 and GTS, while the Senator Signature receives the same size brakes fitted to the HSV W427, 378mm front, ventilated, and 350mm rear, ventilated.
The GTS will now be fitted with 20-inch by 8.5-inch wide wheels at the front and 20-inch by 9.5-inch wide at the rear as standard, while the Clubsport R8 and Senator Signature receive 19-inch by 8-inch and 19-inch by 9.5-inch, front and rear respectively.

2010_hsv_tourer_ca-480x279.jpg

http://www.caradvice.com.au/37827/exclusive-hsv-e-series-2-range-spied/

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
not sure about the wheels or bonnets, they look sh1t in my opinion..

the fog light look good but the front of the wagon where they have gone black is yuck, should of kept it red..

i dont no y the put all the added extra's on the hsv s2 like bonnet and wheels when imo they should of just gone bigger brakes, lower, more power and options like charger whatnot...but they might grown on me when i see them in person, but by the looks of them now i doubt it

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
i like the bonnet and the wheels on the wagon and the back of the R8 but the rest is ugly imo

Jusdin088

JUSDIN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV Senator
I am disappointed in the new look.
i am with TROY5L, Put a charger or Brakes. something to combat the F6 Typhoon from Ford.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
looks ****...needs more vents. surely they could put a couple on the doors, a few more on the roof, maybe the rear quarter panels

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
It's got a bit of everything in it.. Some grange, VZ senator, G8, even FPV.

Re Re..
On second thoughts, After going over the pics and the fpvs. Truly they don't look alike, its in the fine detail, the fpv's have a much wider open mouth, the hsv's have bits coming out of everything.

2010_hsv_gts_ca_2.jpg
145-FPV-GT-F6-Sedan-and-Super-Pursuit-Ute.jpg

And the rears have nothing in common.

Last edited:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I for one think its fake.

For 1, where is the front number plate? In this pic there isn't even a spot for the number plate on the front, yet on the wagon there is?:
2010_hsv_gts_ca_2-480x285.jpg

2.) Isn't that a GTS badge (red spot) on the passenger side of the mouth on the front bumper? There is no GTS wagon, and its got clubsport on the sideskirt.
2010_hsv_tourer_ca_2-480x287.jpg

3.) Look at the positioning of the left hand rear parking sensor..
2010_hsv_gts_ca-480x281.jpg

Those driving lights are just the driving lights from a Senator with an LED strip along the top. And if you look the LED strip looks different in each pic. It looks rather "on top" of the bumper in the wagon pic, like its just sitting on top, where is in the sedan pic it looks a little more recessed into the bumper. Also, in the sedan the driving light area is all black, in the wagon pic the red creeps into the edge of it where the two lines above and below the light are.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
The rear bumper looks to me like it's been copied straight off something else, can't think off my head exactly what, Aurion TRD maybe??

Attachments

• 08-21-07-02-Toyota-Aurion-TRD.jpg
    08-21-07-02-Toyota-Aurion-TRD.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 3,086
Status
Not open for further replies.