Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Caradvice.com.au: HSV E Series 2 range spied

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
HSV's Design department completely lost it after the VT IMO. They should change their logo to a picture of a Fisher Price ball pit, because that seems to reflect their design pretty accurately as of late.

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
looks ****...needs more vents. surely they could put a couple on the doors, a few more on the roof, maybe the rear quarter panels

lol yeh i needed to keep the clean look they just took it over the top

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
This will be old news to fans of Top Gear (which I' not), but the latest issue of the Australian magazine has an article on the E2. In that article are various artist's impressions and doctored photos of what the E2 might look like.

The photos indicate that the Pontiac G8 bonnet will be used, with small in-fills , and a new
bumper facia, with more aggessive lower intakes and LED parking lamps in a row, similar to late model Audis (and which I think suck big time, but that's another matter).

The bonnet, modified to suit the new facia, looks pretty good in my books and I have always liked the GTO/V2/G8 bonnet scoop set-ups, so it gets the nod from me.

I didn't like some of the scoop pictures earlier in this thread but the pics in the Top Gear article are more detailed. I could almost hope that some of the impressions are accurate.

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
They all look like z grade actors, thank god they made their names as drivers. But you know you're a bad actor when the kiwi is best.

Are we to believe hsv has some-type of sonar sensor around the car ?, voice activation, heads up display, self parking. That is the way they are talking, it's like its more then the look, its underneath which is more important ?.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
They all look like z grade actors, thank god they made their names as drivers. But you know you're a bad actor when the kiwi is best.

Are we to believe hsv has some-type of sonar sensor around the car ?, voice activation, heads up display, self parking. That is the way they are talking, it's like its more then the look, its underneath which is more important ?.

Whatever it is, its going to want to be very good to justify the hype they're putting on in the advertisements. Guess we'll find out in 2 days :p

Perhaps they put in seat warmers :p

PietroChocko

Nurses do it better.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a VN Executive 5.0, but now a Ford Laser Auto.
Looks very sexy!

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Whatever it is, its going to want to be very good to justify the hype they're putting on in the advertisements. Guess we'll find out in 2 days :p

Perhaps they put in seat warmers :p
Yes it better be something good. I was also considering directional headlamps ?.

Seat warmers will make the yanks happy, but do we need them:D.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Yes it better be something good. I was also considering directional headlamps ?.

Seat warmers will make the yanks happy, but do we need them:D.

Its only 9 hours away but yeah I think directional headlamps may be on the cards, that and some form of launch control/assistance and 3 or so modes of stability control.

Status
Not open for further replies.