Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[253] Carb 253-Throttle body injection?

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
i have an injection perfection throttle body that takes 4 injectors.
what's to stop the op from getting one of those and using an 808 with 4 suitable injectors and a 4 barrell manifold (of course he'll need to machine a port on one of the intake runners for the mat sensor but otherwise still run a vn v8 ecu setup

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
It was just an idea I was tossing around in my head. I have the stock carby, just needs a rebuild, but all I can ever remember is dad having trouble with the automatic choke. The fuel economy difference may not be great, and may take a while to justify the cost, but from what I have read, cold start and general driveability can be improved, which would be nice.

The reason I was also going for TBI is so it would all be covered up by the stock air cleaner, and wouldn't look too far removed from factory unless you looked. Return line is near enough to make no difference, as the stock fuel line was perished and fairly shagged anyway, so it wouldn't be a huge deal to run a return in parallel and retrofit, say, a Commodore in tank pump to the HZ tank.

Thanks all for the opinions! I guess cost vs benefit is the main consideration here.