Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

carbon fibre rear spoiler

jamiebrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS acclaim
hey guys i want to get a carbon fibre spoiler for my car, only problem is my car is white and im not sure how a CF spoiler would look. what are your thoughts?

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
if its one of those big ricer type wings dont do it, they always look ridiculous on a commodore.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Pictures first.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
I have a spoiler on my VT, wish it didn't but I don't want to take it off and have holes there.

Find a pic of a white VS like yours with a rear spoiler and ask in the photo shop part of the forum to make it black/grey to get a idea of what it looks like.

Spoilers on Commodores are useless in my opinion, all they do is add weight and don't look very good (unless its a lip spoiler and even then it doesnt suit most). A carbon fibre spoiler will still add weight, just slightly less and still not look good.

I couldn't imagine a carbon fibre spoiler being cheap, I would spend that money on suspension, brake, or drive train upgrades.

I got this from the ricer of the day thread, I have seen a lot worse but this looks as gay as the rest of them.

149143_461995844242_552394242_5356219_6822140_n.jpg

jamiebrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS acclaim
CS08-57inch%20Carbon%20Fiber%20GT%20Wing.JPG

theres a photo on a different car guys, looking at the picture that fool doesnt know how to attach a universal spoiler anyway. i can get one the exact same for $289, but looking at your picture 2die a rear wing does not really look good on a commodore especially with the centred legs.

Last edited:

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
If you must have a spoiler I would look for a VS boot lip spoiler, I have no idea though if any is made.

Not sure if they are also called bob tail spoilers or I just made that up in my head? :p

Have a look at the Monaro spoilers to get a idea, they make them for VT but not sure about VS. Someone around here would know though.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
as already stated ^^^^ get a vr/s s pac or ss lip spoiler they look subtle but great .