Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

carburrettored V6

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
why carby an injected six? The efficiency of the engine is compromised. The fuel injected system holds more advantages, why do you think modern cars don't have carby's?

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Yeah it would be like removing a testicle:eek:

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
look whos car it is ... hahha it doesnt matter if you remove a testicle or not if the whole system is shooting blanks. :thumbsup:

jk nick mate haha

boomnvn

SOLDER, NO CRIMP.
Reaction score
Website
www.KungFuKustoms.com
Members Ride
VT Exec S1 V6
talk to EFI Hardware in melburne (nunnawading i think). When I was working at autobarn in melb a customer showed me a carby setup on a origonally a EFI V8 in a VR.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Getting hassled by the EPA, maybe a huge fine and the slowest VN that exsists is about all you have to look forward to with this idea :)

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
there are a couple of aftermarket manifolds for that, such as the harrop one and the torque-power manifolds, but you'll have to then use the older distributor such as the mechanical HEI dizzy out of the blue/black 308's...

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
umm i dont know much about carbys and fuel injected but what ive been told injected is better because its mroe efficient and you get more power. so what is the purpose of a carby set up on a vn? i know on older cars id rather have carby because it looks more original but why on a vn? whats your gains? its just one of them things i dont get so i fought i would ask.:D:D

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
ok, best way would be to hack up a vn manifold, diy style.

you will still get spark, just have to run the ecu still i spose, unless the coilpack can be run seperate to the ecu.

weld up the injector holes, weld on a carby base plate, weld up any holes that arent needed, etc.

also, pre vn buick v6's manifolds wont fit, different port layouts and coolant passages

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
there was a VN in SC awhiles back, but after appearing in SC etc... EPA got him & had a field day on his arse & the car.... so that is back to inj now..... :(

D.