Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

carburrettored V6

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
well i knew what everyone opinion would be and that not quite what im after, immortality has been most helpful so far and so has hakhawk, im mainly after just just some pics and stuff, if there is any about, i am definately going to hack up my old Vn manifold and weld a base plate to it, and then i will work it out from there, bloke at work reckons i should make one from scratch, like make plates to match the head then make some runners to a base plate and a carby on top, well pics and advise will be great, i will be starting on it after christmas,

cheers, nick

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i'd suggest reading greenfoams thread on socket installation on memcal

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=19577

then get educated on the workings of the memcal, maybe you could somehow disable the fueling side of things and still retain the ignition stuff and then do your carbie setup. that workmate of yours has a good idea. ifyou got the time and patience, start the intake manifold from scratch, or, using the original intake manifold, machine everything out of it except the actual base and coolant passages etc and then make complete new runners etc and then you can bolt whatever you like to the top of it.

Rusty-Tim

Rusty-Tim
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute, VN wag, VR sed, VN sed, HX Tonner, HA Viva
There are a lot of Carby 3.8 engines floating around in speedway scene in NZ. Rules for Superstocks state carbys only no fuel inj. Any engineer will be able to modify a standard inlet manifold and machine up a plate for a carby to bolt up to. If need more advise just on macgors.has.it and search there. Lots of info on this conversion.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
There are a lot of Carby 3.8 engines floating around in speedway scene in NZ. Rules for Superstocks state carbys only no fuel inj. Any engineer will be able to modify a standard inlet manifold and machine up a plate for a carby to bolt up to. If need more advise just on macgors.has.it and search there. Lots of info on this conversion.

You've dug deep to resurrect this thread...

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Dunno if he did it or not, last i heard he was doing up a Twin turbo VN V6, but he has a VZ v6 now as far as i know.

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
hahaha may as well buy a vt, lolol gold :), yeah carby is alot more fuel inefficient, it doesnt give fuel as accuratly throughout the rev range, its good for burnout cars i supose, but still street car, lol dnt go there

KnobMuffin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 2L
EFI to carb = grandpa mod

You should just sell your commy and get a Honda Jazz granps

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
yeah finished the manifold for the carby and also for the twin turbo but then sold all bits on ebay as bought the VZ then missus wrote it off so i bought another VZ, now its up for sale...just bought a toyota prado...once a family comes along no time for making many things now