Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

carburrettored V6

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN series II custom :) and VZ exec
hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has done this to their vn, would doubt if anyone has done it, but just wondering if anyone knows where abouts you can buy a manifold for my V6 for carby, or if anyone knows who makes them, harrop? edlebrock?

cheers, nick

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
buick made a carby version of the 3800 motor a while back, try googling it and see what comes up... ive got a buick 3 litre in my boat and that engine is only 7 years old now

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok cool , might do that

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
just not sure how it would work on the fuel injected V6, like the manifolds i found dont have a bit for the thermostat housing, so im a little confused, but will keep looking i guess and work something out,
ok now im confused of how my spark will work without injectors, and stuff, are well, things like that i can think about later and work out, main bit is finding a manifold or making one, little hard for me i think,

cheers, nick

vn_lexcen_s2

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 lexcen vn S2
never knew there was a 3.8 carby. why would u want to go from fuel injected to carby??

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
was waiting for someone to ask that, no real reason other than i prefer carburettor, i do like fuel injection, but just carby is more fun, apprently early buicks came out with a carby version, its just so hard to find a manifold for it, although if i want i can probably get one sent over from america but the cost is just too much for me, so im just searching around here for now

cheers, nick

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
take all those parts i gave and you hit yourself over the head with each of them. goose

lol

carby .. honestly ... lol! btw you left the other vp headlight at my joint mate, think i was a bit too hungover to notice ..

potshots007

Reaction score
Members Ride
oh ok, are well one better than none, lol you crack me up s0s, too hungover, lol you didnt look to crash hot, did you notice my car bit louder, lol, still not finished, but yeah still going to try and go carby v6, its a series II motor that im rebuilding and im just getting some info now, but really want to make it carbied,
so your car painted yet, or still getting it prepared?

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
:thumbsup: oh im gettin sick of the boys at work ... lol
now we're too busy this saturday to paint the outside of my car ... so im still drivin it around with purple door jambs and engine bay :bang:

hahhaa it really does look like an abo's humpy covered in primer half stripped.
fingers crossed it the work lightens up and i get to sneak my car into the
oven one night during the week... cant wait for a the purple mx6!!

as for your carby v6 ... ill ask the engineers next door what they reckon of the whole thing. they made a copy of a walker dual plane for a 307

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Edel...ryZ33613QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1 x carby dual plane manifold to suit buick 3.8L engine. :thumbsup:

might not be good for OUR V6's .. theres a part number there. .. give edelbrock a ring and tell them you want THAT spec product to fit your engine.. they'll have the pat number there... or even some kind of adaptor plate? its the same block after all ..

anyways .. hope it helps in some way .. if only more information for your research