Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Carby to efi conversion vk

Vkwags

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk
So if I were to convert the black 202 it really wouldn’t be that expensive. I’m assuming reliability wise it would be a little better also.
only real reasonI’m looking into it is my 202 at the moment is starting for a second or 2 then cutting out completely

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
changing the fuel tank and running the return line is the pain in the arse if your using everything vk efi it also has an external fuel pump.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Wouldn’t it be much less effort and cost in fixing the issue with your carbi motor rather than doing an EFI upgrade (with all the mechanical and electronics issues that entails)...

The Carbi VKs weren’t that complex :eek:

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
only real reasonI’m looking into it is my 202 at the moment is starting for a second or 2 then cutting out completely

if it still has est throw it away and put a blue motor distributor in it

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride

Vkwags

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk
Wouldn’t it be much less effort and cost in fixing the issue with your carbi motor rather than doing an EFI upgrade (with all the mechanical and electronics issues that entails)...

The Carbi VKs weren’t that complex :eek:
Yeah I agree, this is my first project and the car has got 13 years on me so it’s a lot of trial and error

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
that link wont help is it for the vk est system?
wheres the wiring diagram of how the limit switches on the vk system is wired?
Correct that the doc is not for the VK system. It was provided to highlight how google can find things and I would have been clearer on that. Though that doc is not 100% it can help to provide some background as to how such systems work...

But it does sound like changing the distributor seems the more popular process most follow... to VH HEI distributor? to blue motor distributor? Not sure what distinction there is but it’s all been discussed within the VK section of the forum, probably many times.

Vkwags

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk
Correct that the doc is not for the VK system. It was provided to highlight how google can find things and I would have been clearer on that. Though that doc is not 100% it can help to provide some background as to how such systems work...

But it does sound like changing the distributor seems the more popular process most follow... to VH HEI distributor? to blue motor distributor? Not sure what distinction there is but it’s all been discussed within the VK section of the forum, probably many times.
Thanks mate, pretty new here and still figuring my way around, thanks for the advice/help

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
How well does the VK run with the EST?