Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Carby to EFI - Is it Possible...??

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
like i said, best way to go on a stock blue 202 is the standard carb freshened up with a rebuild kit...

P

Phase

so, question, why do alot of mechanics keep telling me that the triple webbers and 350 Holley are better on fuel consumption when they have a kit put through them, in comparison to the Varijet 2 with a Kit through it?

i know i sound abit stupid for asking, but ive got a triple webber and 350 holley with kit (mate just gave them to me after putting EFI on his Vk) and the varijet on mine aint that good, so what do you reckons best for the mean time and I'll tune it from there?

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Your fuel usage will change either way, but id' rather stick with carby then a tripple webber or holley to much fuel gone there...

But seeing you have a black 202 i'd go with EFI if you can.. its what it was made for :thumbsup:

Best fuel usage would have to be a carby after reco is what i think.

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
if you want the best ecconomy possible, then yeah, the stock EFI would be the way to go, keeping in mind the time effort and money factors...
If you want a simple easy set-up, put a rebuild kit through your varijet since its a stock engine, all a holley or weber set will do is flood your engine and guzzle up all your fuel...

figjamidhVK8t4

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 3.3 Converted to EFI
hey guys i just finished my varajet to efi conversion on black 3.3...i'm running on gas with all fuel stuff either removed or blocked..she starts perfect on gas and runs well...any ??? i do my best to answer....

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
Phase said:
so, question, why do alot of mechanics keep telling me that the triple webbers and 350 Holley are better on fuel consumption when they have a kit put through them, in comparison to the Varijet 2 with a Kit through it?

i know i sound abit stupid for asking, but ive got a triple webber and 350 holley with kit (mate just gave them to me after putting EFI on his Vk) and the varijet on mine aint that good, so what do you reckons best for the mean time and I'll tune it from there?

do you actually have a set of triple webers (eg. three seperate carbies) or just a single weber carby, if the triples then the above applies, if its just a single weber thats a whole different story.

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
triples may be better, until you have to tune them on their typical regular basis...

SiLeNt-SoN

2000 WH Statesman
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 model WH statesman
Hey

yeah all i know is that mines a varajet...! i think jsut getting a new filter to fit my car will do, bugger the efi....! But what filtewrs can fit it is now the problem :(

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
someone in another thread suggested using the stock base of the air cleaner, and a chrome top (universal), about 9" i think... the other way to go would be to use the ET sports air filter with a base made for the varijet (part number: 16-34)...