Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Carby to EFI - Is it Possible...??

SiLeNt-SoN

2000 WH Statesman
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 model WH statesman
Hey,

i might be sounding a bit stupid, but i have a vk executive and its carby, was wondering if i can change it to efi, and if so what prices am i looking at...?

Any ideas...??

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
yep, it is possible, but no, not really worth it... carby is fine if you have it tuned nice and for the time, money and effort to change it, you're prob be better off stickin with the carby, unless you have an EFI set-up lying around...

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
It can be done and cheaply too... if you can get the parts.

I bought my VK EFI wreck for $400 inc towing. Out of that I scored a high-rise console, digital dash, full loom, cerulean Calais seats, disc rear end, Calais taillights and garnish, Brocky grille, Calais outer door trims, and of course the EFI gear.

I've still got most of the above (things like the grille, console, rear seat headrest guides and brackets and outer door trims have been sold.) Made back almost the full purchase cost and still have a full Calais rear, disc diff, digi dash and EFI gear - and I haven't been to a wrecker in almost a year. The car has well and truly paid for itself even before you include half the above gear!

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
well done on a good buy synoptica.
SiLeNt-SoN, thats what ur better of doin, buyin an efi writeoff and just take out all the running gear, and then u can still salvage what interior goodies it has left.

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
i agree totally, i have bought a few cars in the past for the EFI gear, $100, $150 for them, can't beat it, and definatelly the EFI once adjusted to suit your motor will be far nicer than a carby.

SiLeNt-SoN

2000 WH Statesman
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 model WH statesman
Thanks dudes,

will have to check out my local wreckers again, if not, i see a big fat carby going out the top of my bonnett. Either way it will look the goods.....

thanks peoples...

glassfork

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
do you have to run return fule lines or whatever it is with efi?

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
yeah ya do, and elect. pump

P

Phase

what size carby is best to fit to a 202 black( for fuel consumption ), my freinds are suggesting a 350 holly, or a triple webber, what ya think?
phase

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
triple webers are a mole to keep tuned, 350 holleys are over rated... i'd personally rebuild the stock varijet, or use a weber off the XE-XF falcon...