Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Carby V6?

missholdeness

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore vs
carby v6 ?????? wat manifold etc

hay i got dato 1200 ute with a s2 buick in it out of a vp i want to convert it to carby i have looked around 4 ages hard to find out about, i want to go big head work mech roller cam etc and dont want the efi restriction any 1 no wat manifold and where to find 1 ????? and would a msd mis-2 be able to be wired up to feed coil packs from crank angle sensor?? pm bak or if u could call me on 0423228409 would be sweet as

missholdeness

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore vs
carby v6 ?????? wat manifold etc

hay i got dato 1200 ute with a s2 buick in it out of a vp i want to convert it to carby i have looked around 4 ages hard to find out about, i want to go big head work mech roller cam etc and dont want the efi restriction any 1 no wat manifold and where to find 1 ????? and would a msd mis-2 be able to be wired up to feed coil packs from crank angle sensor?? pm bak or if u could call me on 0423228409 would be sweet as

nrba07

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr v6 man
?

hahaha i know you can - but why would you?

mates dad has a v6 commy mounted in a hilux that runs a holley 600, The manifold looks stock just woth an adapter plate for the holley..... dont know there it came from though

Where can you get a carby setup for the v6

jvan5391

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 vx s-pack series 2 manuel
How was it hard wired in, do you havve diagrams??

DFI coil unit is hard wired and set at 28 Deg advance. Previously to this I used a Haltech IG4 ignition computer.

Delcowizzard, once I figured it out these units work they are quite easily to set them for fixed timing with only the crank angle sensor and 12v input.

NOT 38

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
any one seen a hi rise manifold for a v6 before ?? if u can get them to suit a 5L or LS series surely someone could fabricate a Hi rise single plane manifold for a V6 ?

bradv6k

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk :tunnelram v6 carby
i have a vk with fully worked v6 carby runs a 600 holley crow cam has rebuilt s1 bottom end s2 heads with bigger ports and rockers has s2 coil pack has full manualised th700 auto full spool diff i got it off the bloke who built it and he said it doesnt even run off a computer dont know how he did it but it works i dont have photo bucket to show picks but i can email if anyone is keen enough to see it looks quite good really the carby manifold is a std inj man with all the inj ports closed up cut to mounted a 4 barrel spacer and has a 600 holley the manifold has all been ported out he said its like a tunnel ram but seems to work really well has only been dynod on straight gas with a impco 425 with 288rwhp

bradv6k

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk :tunnelram v6 carby
it doesnt run any cat converters 2 and half system all they way sounds tuff as nothing like a v6

Cameron. 007

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh Commodore
If you put a carby an a v6 just install it as a gas convention that way eveything works

stretch_damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8lt buick vr commodre
If only someone mentioned where u can get the carby set up from. U could always run a belt driven dizzi, would love to know more as i have a vn berlina v6 buick in my lux and having ao many problems with sensors etc.... just rebuilt another vn motor and was thinking about how u could carby it... let me know.