Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cargo barrier mounting

Gambel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Wagon
Bought a genuine cargo barrier off ebay for ssv wagon only to find that there are no mounting holes for it, so went to holden today and as soon as I said I bought it off ebay they didn't wanna help and the parts department said there is a template that they come with to drill holes in the roof trim to get to some lugs to bolt it to but their mechanic who always does them doesn't want to help cause it's second hand and apparently doesn't have any templates around (bullshit). Holden are the worst manufacturer for help or warranty, should of bought an FG F6 typhoon.
Does anyone know where to drill.

jace75

Reaction score
Members Ride
JULY 08 VE SSV 60th Anniv.
go and buy one then.
if you were selling a product and someone purchased it from ebay would you help them install it or support it?

ask the seller to see what he says!!!!!!!!

lol what a joke

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
you need a template or you will stuff it many have

you need to go to a holden and talk to an accesory fitter in the PRE-DELIVERY department
offer a carton for the template they should lend you one... at least

maybe try a fitting kit through holden is bolts instructions and templates they sold them for vz not sure if they do for ve

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
lol lets buy a kit off ebay than expect Holden to offer free support

I wouldnt not attempt this yourself if you have never done it before, very easy to stuff up bigtime.

Dont even think about trying it without the templates. If its genuine it should have had the templates....

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Oh and the guy could very well be telling the truyth about having no templates, every time I fitted one the templates went in the bin afterwards. No need to keep them when each barrier comes with them.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
why complain about Holden for not fixing something you bought off ebay? bit of a joke right? :hmmm:

use the templates... or at worst, if you really really can't get one, contact ebay seller for them (cause yunno, he sold you a "genuine" kit, but kept the template and instructions for himself right?)
at the extreme worst, use a thin sewing needle to "prod" where the holes should be and check... just don't go swiss-cheesing your roof lining...

Gambel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV Wagon
jace75 keep your smartarse comments to yourself, and yes everyday i help people fix there machines that they hadn't bought from my company so why should holden be any different to my employer, doesn't matter where you get it from it's a genuine holden product so they should be happy to help after spending 50k on one of there cars.

Look at the holden mechanic getting defensive, if they didn't charge so much for parts or everything really, people might buy from them. Why buy from new when you can save 500% buying second hand and isn't the point of these forums for people to help others not be cocks about problems people have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coast calais what i have written applies for you to, i suppose all of you buy genuine through holden right. LOL

sheapard

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Aclaim
I put a 2nd hand barrier into my vt, just had to purchase a fitting kit from spare at the local holden dealer, Came with all the fittings and the template, Also would be worth trying Milford as they manufacture most of the barriers anyway.,

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
coast calais what i have written applies for you to, i suppose all of you buy genuine through holden right. LOL

well, yeah..

For the VE, i buy everything through the same guy at the same dealership and buy genuine parts. He does most at trade for me, and did the towing kit at cost. Because I always drop in and have a friendly chat, and i don't bug him when he's busy..
In saying that: all those parts for the VE come with ALL of the parts, have clear instructions, ARE covered by warranty if you install yourself and if you have problems Holden WILL help you, or complete for you.

As for my VN, F*#K no, i always buy aftermarket/second hand, but i'd never drop in to Holden and ask them to fix "this genuine kit i bought off ebay/Joe Bloggs"

everyone is different, and I understand Holden is expensive. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

also, coming on a forum for commodores, complaining about a dealership not supporting your ebay purchase the way you did, and then slagging off about how you should have bought a FORD... what did you expect to get back??? :hmmm:

lighten up mate :beer chug:

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
Also, did you miss the majority of my post? the bit that was suggesting ways to solve your problem?
or did you miss all that through your keyboard rage?