Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Carpets cut short on VEsv6

billy grunter

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve series 2 ss
yeah i have a 2007 ve omega and the carpet is short in the Lh front and rear foot wells dropped car at local dealership for warranty replacement of carpet but they wont come to the party it looks absolutly discusting. walked around the car park looked at about 10 other omegas and 3 had the same problem.i rang holden and and had a winge they are sending a monkey up this week to have a look i will let you know how i get on. if they dont replace it my car will be in there dealership every second day until it runs out of warranty with a problem.it is tuesday 6 october carpet was replaced today under warranty absolutley perfect.

Last edited:

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
I would keep fighting. Ballarat Holden ordered full new carpet for mine and replaced the old one. Good as gold now no issues. They were good too, only had to ask twice :)

Impulse SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 M6
Hi all, I have a May 07 SV6 that also has this issue with the rear passenger side carpet, i will check the front as well, i noticed it a few days after getting it as the kids pulled it down getting in and out. I have been thinking of talking to the dealer about it also, you would expect a bit better build quality for the price of them, or am i just being picky?

stevef

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Mines late 07 and it has the same problem in the back only.

Cav

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
cav.bigblog.com.au
Members Ride
VE II Omega Ute; Fairmont Ghia
My VE is only a couple of weeks old and I had a look at the carpets which fit OK.
I did notice however that the floor feels solid if pressed down on, but there is a strip near the edge of the rear floors where there seems to be a gap of about 50mm.
Maybe kids trod on this and eventually pulled the carpet down.
Dunno why there is a gap, maybe no felt there.

evoke the squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
Whilst shopping around for mine, I test drove an '07 Omega (ex fleet vehicle) where the carpet was raised on the RH rear passnger side. Terrible sight for a near new vehicle, then thought how could this happen?