Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Carpets cut short on VEsv6

Ripsnorter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Any of you guys out there got rear floor carpets cut too short by door areas.?? Ours are bloody terrible and holden told the dealer to stack up the floor with more underfelt to lift the carpet back up under the side plastics. Talk about bloody useless fix if you ask me.Why the heck dont they just supply a new carpet thats cut to the right length..?? Ours wasnt the first as there was another one in the dealership while ours was in there.!! Car was previously a lease vehicle which would most likely never had anyone even use the rear seats etc. We bought car at 1 year old and only 21000 k . dodgy buggers aye mate.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
mines the same mate, id guess its the same on all of the VE's

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i've never noticed what exactly am i looking for.

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
i had an V-Series Omega, and now an SS and the carpets are ok on them.

Ripsnorter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
short carpets on VE sv6

i've never noticed what exactly am i looking for.
In the rear seat area where the floor carpets run up the sides to under the doorway kick plastics.Ours and others are cut way to short and with very little use of rear seats etc they pull down exposing a big gap from top of carpet to plastic. Looks real crap. Apparently holden have changed the part number to the interior carpet by one number. In other words they know theres a bloody big balls up. Worst thing is we had to really whinge about the problem to get some action when it should be a no brainer where the warranty would instantly cover it without dramas. We are not impressed.!!

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
i haven't noticed any problems but i have only had peole in the back of my car a couple of times. mine an april 09 build maybe it has the newer carpet. i'll keep and eye out though thanks.

Ripsnorter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Carpets cut short

i haven't noticed any problems but i have only had peole in the back of my car a couple of times. mine an april 09 build maybe it has the newer carpet. i'll keep and eye out though thanks.

Yes,they have probably sorted it by now. Ours being a late 07 model.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
lol i meant 08 not 09

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
has anyone had any success getting something done about this? Mines doing the same on both sides in the back, and its going in this week for a service, so want to see what others experiences have been.