Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

CarPlay Issue? 20 sec delay to change songs

higherVXR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 Commodore ZB VXR 3.6L V6
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has any issues with wired CarPlay in the ZB lagging when skipping songs?

I have a 2018 VXR and the CarPlay sometimes takes more than 20 seconds to change songs when using the buttons on the steering wheel or centre console. If I use the touch screen though it changes immediately.

Also notice that the song information on the dash takes a while to update. It temperamentally will work for a small period of time but mostly has this massive delay.

Have tried multiple genuine Apple cables and third party but all have the same issue. Also reset the car and phone and it still persists, even on other iPhones. Any experience or info would be greatly appreciated!

higherVXR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2018 Commodore ZB VXR 3.6L V6
Took it to the dealer and because it’s intermittent they couldn’t replicate the fault themselves. Will have to take it back there again and show them. If anyone has any ideas please let me know! Driving me crazy

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I have a similar age car to yours and also run wired Car Play. I've never had a delay that long, sometimes its maybe 4-5 seconds. Is your version of iOS up to date? How old is your phone?