Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cars history

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
does anyone know what the website is where you type in a vin number and it gives you the vehicles history?

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
This is an area where Ford simply pisses all over practically every other car maker...namely providing info about your individual cars history.

When I owned both my GT Cortina, six cylinder TE Cortina, and in more recent years, the XC-Update GXL Fairmont, I was able to write a letter to Ford public relations and got a package back with photocopies of the original sales invoice, order form, and option sheet, as well as, for the GT, a photocopy of an original sales brochure listing the model differnces for the GT. Absolutely amazing service.

Poor old Valiant is the complete opposite...when Mistubishi took over Chrysler and closed Tonsley Park, they simply tossed out and burned all the old paperwork, brochures, model build info, and all historical documents, so if anyone wants to know the history of thier particular, say, Charger, they won't be able to find anything but basic model info...very smart...:bang:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
i found the revs site, did anyone get any information? when i entered the relevent codes it came up saying it was invalid

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
some of the state registration/roads authorities provide this info. try RTA in NSW. i know Vicroads do it in Victoria.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride