Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cassette head unit with usb???

Skrewdriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Anyone know of a good single din head unit that has usb,ipod,bluetooth,etc but plays cassettes? (dont need cd player if its got usb,but like to play tapes of my old records -that have never been released on cd!!)
Am open to brand suggestions , am currently running mb quaurt splits & mb quart 6x9's, but also have a set of Apline series R splits with amp,a set of Focal splits,Focal sub,Focal 5 channel amp,pioneer amp and head unit, sony xplod head unit & 4 channel sub,plus afew others lying around. Brand is not important as i can mix with other systems

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Not any more. Best bet would be a tape player then an aux wire to your head unit. Going to sound pretty horrible either way you go.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
Downloading will be your friend if u want ur old cassette songs

Skrewdriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Anyone mounted a double din cd/cassette player under the glovebox or somewhere on passenger side and used the remote control to change functions,tracks,etc?

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Would look cheap nasty and way to much effort just for some old music you can probably find quite easily elsewhere.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I remember my mate buying a second hand car that had a unit in it that could play , usb, cassette , cd's .
I think it might have been a kenwood

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah you could go 2nd hand that's an option. No warranty or guarantee on how long it will last will suck. Not to mention the process of finding one.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
You could just get an cassette player and get a cassette which you can plug into your ipod and play songs through.. Sure it's not the same thing but it's the closest you'll get easily.