Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Caster Angle Extra Bush - 1 Side Only

Jonathan.S

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II
Hi,

Just replaced the front radius rod bushings (nolathane 48166) on my VX II and when I did up the center nut on the driver's side I noticed the rod did not protrude fully through the nut when it was tight. I investigated further and found an extra spacer on the radius arm which was not present on the passenger's side.

My first thought was to remove it but I decided to measure from the control arm to the bush mount (both part of the chassis welded frame) and found the right side was 390 mm but the left was 287 mm so the 3 mm spacer should have made up for the difference (pushing the radius arm further back) so I put the spacer back and omitted the washer from under the nut.

Is this typical?

I guess this could mean the car was in a crash but I have had it for 9 years with only a few scrapes and the rest of the chassis looks just like it should.

The wheel alignment is scheduled for tomorrow so I guess I will find out then!

Thanks

Jonathan

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
yep typical, you can adjust castor with different washers etc, some kits (thought nolathane would) have a couple of extra washers with the kit for this