Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

castor rod bushes

deckadi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
hi guys
told by mechanic my castor rod bushes r gone...he said but still safe to drive?anyone else had them shot?and is it safe?also what cost involved in replacing at mechanic.....? thanx alot....

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
yeah mate, mine were done about a year ago. yeah it's safe, it's not gonna fall apart, but is really noisy on bumps etc. cost me 35 each I think plus labour

deckadi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
thanks alot mate.....just got to travel 1000ks,,c if was safe....thanks

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Just use a piece of pipe the right dimension and a bit of threaded rod and a couple of large washers a bit of detergent to help them slide out and they are not hard to do at all.Castor bushes are the rubber bushes that the front z bar go through and stop the front wheel and strut moving forwards and back.All dud bushes do is make your car more likely to follow lines in the road or run off towards the worn side like a shopping trolley with a dud wheel does (exaggerated example).It not dangerous and its doesnt have to be out far to be considered worn out.

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
Can you get polyurethane in these without actually going for the $250 castor kit?

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
superpro should have them (IMO stay away from nolathane, they crack and crumble quickly)

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
yeah nolothane dont have a good name.

Apparently noltec (nolathane taken over) is good but- time is the biggest teller...any idea on price?