Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Castor rod rubbers

smp009

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore s2 3.8
hi all
i got a 99 VT commodore,its a v6. and i need to replace the castor rod rubbers,

i just replaced the ball joints and tie rod ends on it,took it for a wheel alignment and the mechanic showed that they where stuffed (i did see it when doing the ball joint and stuff but didnt think they where as bad as they where) and he also showed me that the assengers side engine mount has droped,and the sump is now rubbing on the cross member,but thats a different issue.

i want to know if,when i replace the castor rod rubbers,do i have to get a wheel alignment again,even though it was done last Thursday?

thanks in advance

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
Yes.
not enough characters need 28?

smp009

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore s2 3.8
Im not sure what is meant "not enough character, need 28"
Please explain

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
You need to have 10 characters in the sentence for it to post onto the thread.

smp009

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore s2 3.8
I thought there was.

And because i am only doing the rubbers,as i have been told.that the washes amd stuff are still good.im just wondering of i jeed to do anything else?

And also how long could i go after doin them without getting a wheel alignment?

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
how long since you've had a wheel alignment? I wouldn't bother unless the old bushes were really stuffed but it's never a bad thing to have it done when changing bushes.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I thought there was.

And because i am only doing the rubbers,as i have been told.that the washes amd stuff are still good.im just wondering of i jeed to do anything else?

And also how long could i go after doin them without getting a wheel alignment?
Lout was referring to his post needing more characters because he was only saying "yes" which which is too short.
You can go as long as you want without a wheel alignment but you will be wearing out tyres prematurely and the car might tend to wander.. It also depends on how far the alignment is out.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Why would you leave getting an alignment done. Theres so much benefit to be had from keeping the vehicles steering aligned properly. When the alignments out, suspension and steering parts, and tyres wear out quicker, it uses way more fuel, and it wont handle and drive as good as it should. I get mine done every 12 months even if it still "feels" ok. It always feels way better, even though it felt ok before it went in. You just get used to how it drives as the alignment slowly goes out as parts wear etc. I reckon the cost of the alignment would be returned as less fuel useage over the 12 months.

smp009

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore s2 3.8
it had an alignment last thursday,hence why i am wanting to know if it needed one after idid the rubbers???

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
It had the alignment with worn bushes so there is a good chance the alignment will change with new bushes, no-one here can tell you with any certainty whether it will need one or not. If you take it to where you had the alignment done and get them to check to see if the alignment is out after the new bushes have been fitted, they probably won't charge you just to check it. Then you will know if it needs one or not.