Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cat back sv6 sidi

nickb1993

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
hi guys
just wondering if anyone knows any places in sydney preferebly western sydney that do good catbacks for a sidi that sounds good with a burble on decel and no or little drone in the cabin

thanks

Mattk101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 sidi 2010
Sureflo in ingleburn are pretty good, I only got headers and cats done there, but they do cat back exhausts aswell. Service was really good too, spoke to Greg quite alot before I bit the bullet and took it in. Definately worth it.

Although if your just doing cat back, you can get it from heaps of places and try doing it yourself. May seem a bit daunting if it's your first time doing something but it's fairly easy aswell as there are heaps of people on here willing to help out.

Plus saving money on fitting costs is good aswell.

nickb1993

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
yeah thanks
i was thinking of buying one and putting it on myself i have no dramas as im an apprentice mechanic so have access to a hoist and stuff so thats not a big deal

do u have any problems with ur headers droning on the freeway?

Mattk101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 sidi 2010
Well that's always good, you will know more than me then ha ha. On freeway it's actually pretty good, I get a bit of drone more at lower speeds, but I'm running 2.5" cat back at the moment with no hotdogs or anything, am going to get some installed eventually.

After header install the drone wasn't any worse, if anything slightly better, maybe because of different note or better flowing.

Mattk101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 sidi 2010
Got mine from jhp in Melbourne. But there's heaps of places you can get them from, aswell as different brands. Mine is x force. I haven't heard anything else so hard to say what sounds better

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
+1 for Sureflo

nickb1993

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6 ute
Did you get your exhaust done there woollie?

bm_style

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Got mine from jhp in Melbourne. But there's heaps of places you can get them from, aswell as different brands. Mine is x force. I haven't heard anything else so hard to say what sounds better

How much did the catback set you back from JHP

Mattk101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 sidi 2010
I think it was around $1100 or $1200 in stainless, probably a bit excessive in the price now, but that was the first thing I did when I started changing things so I had no idea what was a good price. This was about 8 months ago. But the service was good, I wasn't sure what I wanted so they helped pretty well. Delivery was quick too.