Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cat converter!!

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Typical Holden stealership lol the sensors they are referring to are about $130 each at repco your car will have 4 in total as for the cat itself definitely not worth 3k odd lol I’d be going elsewhere for another opinion they are trying to rip u off blind

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
As for the manual conversion that in itself is a major hassle and expense especially if your paying someone to do it, it will cost you more than the car is worth

Shirla

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE series 2 holden commodore
Typical Holden stealership lol the sensors they are referring to are about $130 each at repco your car will have 4 in total as for the cat itself definitely not worth 3k odd lol I’d be going elsewhere for another opinion they are trying to rip u off blind
That pisses me off a bit! I'm already paying 1g for a full service and spark plugs!

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Hi! So I have a screwed cat converter. Car is in at holden atm and they have told me sensors a buggered looking at 4g to fix! Was just wondering has anyone had there's removed? What are the pros and cons??

Tell the Holden Dealership where to jam it
I suggest you take your car to an exhaust shop and have them replace the cat convertor and the four O2 sensors
Will be a hell of a lot cheaper than the $4000 Holden has quoted
As mentioned above:
4 x new sensors at around $130 each...…….$520 dollars
1 x aftermarket cat convertor...………….$150 to $200
So $720 in parts, plus labour to fit...…...Total cost should come in around or under $1000

Just realized that you are in N.Z
You don't legally have to have a cat convertor fitted over there do you ? ...….Fellow kiwi members will clarify the legalities of this

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Damn. Thats daylight robbery right there.

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
Tell the Holden Dealership where to jam it
I suggest you take your car to an exhaust shop and have them replace the cat convertor and the four O2 sensors
Will be a hell of a lot cheaper than the $4000 Holden has quoted
As mentioned above:
4 x new sensors at around $130 each...…….$520 dollars
1 x aftermarket cat convertor...………….$150 to $200
So $720 in parts, plus labour to fit...…...Total cost should come in around or under $1000

Just realized that you are in N.Z
You don't legally have to have a cat convertor fitted over there do you ? ...….Fellow kiwi members will clarify the legalities of this

If the car is 2010 or later and has cats from factory you must have cats on the vehicle. Earlier than 2010 no worries :)

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
If you do cat deletes u need to get the rear oxygen sensors turned off in the computer plenty of tuning companies out there that will do this as above if your car is pre 2010 it’s legal to do so and in that case you only need 2 of the oxygen sensors... there are pre catyltic converter sensors and post catyltic converter sensors the latter are only there to measure the efficiency of the cat converter so not needed if you do cat deletes

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Doesn't the OP own a 2011?