Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cat Paw-Prints On Car

CrimsonThunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS
A while ago I asked if anyone has any solutions to cats walking around on your car at night and leaving dirty paw prints on there.

The answers I got were to either run the cats over or shoot them, and unfortunately I can't do that. :p

Well the other day I came up with a solution, buy a car cover, they only cost around $50 bucks and not only do they protect your car from the prints they also protect it from dust and the sun.

And I bet in the long term you'll save on money from not having to wash the car so often!

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
if u buy cheap ones they scratch the paint :)

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
get dog prints on your car instead and make the cats parranoid ?

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
cool, i would've never thought of that!

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
nice idea but on a daily car would b a pain in the arse puttin it on n taking it off each time.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
yeh good idea, would be a pain in the ass to take of every day, but i rekon u would get used to it after a while.

what about a scarecrow strategy, get a stuffed dog or vicious looking aminal of some sort and throw it ontop of your car everynight, im sure that will sort the cats out.
sounds kinda sadd to do but it seems logical? lol

maybe even giant mouse traps :| not sure the cats owner would be to happy but hey, they could always just buy a dog as replacement

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Depending on the car cover it might not help much. When the car cover moves when weight is applied to one side, the cat is going to extend its claws and depnding on the thickness of the cover the claws may leave scratches on your paint.

Thats-How-We-Roll

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VZ V6 Ute On 20z
well i was gonna say shoot the cat! but i would suggest a car cover , if it does scratch your paint its better than a cat doing it. a few months ago i had a subaru liberty nice and pretty recently all buffed and i was at my mates house and his cat jumped from the rooof on to my car roof and must of slipped on it and it clawed the f*ck outta my roof. it made good dimsims but! lol

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
A while ago I asked if anyone has any solutions to cats walking around on your car at night and leaving dirty paw prints on there.

The answers I got were to either run the cats over or shoot them, and unfortunately I can't do that. :p

Well the other day I came up with a solution, buy a car cover, they only cost around $50 bucks and not only do they protect your car from the prints they also protect it from dust and the sun.

And I bet in the long term you'll save on money from not having to wash the car so often!

yeah just dont smoke around them, dam hot ash creates holes :p