Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Catalytic Converters from US

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
i have one of these and they are 200 cpsi,i bought it after scraping a few speed humps/steep driveways as areplacement on my d&t twin system on my old ecotec, but i sold the car and have it lying around. they are the cats that d&t centres use, also i wouldnt bother going twin with a v6, complete waste of money 2.5 single will be plenty

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
i have one of these and they are 200 cpsi,i bought it after scraping a few speed humps/steep driveways as areplacement on my d&t twin system on my old ecotec, but i sold the car and have it lying around. they are the cats that d&t centres use, also i wouldnt bother going twin with a v6, complete waste of money 2.5 single will be plenty

Running a cam where it is recommended to go a twin cat system.

So would you say that the cats are good? I'm not after awesome 200cpi metallic cats, because as you pointed out its only a V6, but twin decent cats should get me by I would think.

dont know much about the v6 why is the exhaust going back into the manifold???

The EGR valve reintroduces used exhuast gas back into the engine to lower the combustion temperature, this reduces the amounts of certain Nitrogen style emissions. Basically it reduces pollution. But it only operates under specific circumstances, car is cruising and above a certain speed.

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
acarmody- Venom cats. i buy mine on ebay. really cheap for a stainless metal core but has been VERY reliable for me.

Two on my race car- 100 cells... its almost like running no cats sound wise, but doesnt have the spicy smell.

two on my daily- 200 cells... flow heaps well, gained 10kw at the wheels with no other changes on a 5L. Bit noisier tho and the sound becomes a bit more racey, loses a bit of mellowness