Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Catalytic Converters from US

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
They are pretty good, I wonder if its free postage worldwide though. Might pay to ask them first or postage will probably cost what you could pick up one here for.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Don't waste your time on a ceramic cored cat. They just won't last and also those ones are a generic stock replacement.

You need metal core cats. I have these and they are fine. 100 CPSI

Australian LS1 and Holden Forums

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
100 CPSI is illegal, might as well weld straight pipe.

Its still better than nothing, I had a de cat on one of my old cars so I'm not one to get in to debate over it but $179 for something that isn't legal when you can get a decat for $20 that isnt legal either and obviously flows better.

Ask the guy on ebay if its 200 CPSI, Im pretty sure that's as low as you can go legally here. I notcie it says its not legal in some states of the USA.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
100 CPSI is illegal, might as well weld straight pipe.

Its still better than nothing, I had a de cat on one of my old cars so I'm not one to get in to debate over it but $179 for something that isn't legal when you can get a decat for $20 that isnt legal either and obviously flows better.

Ask the guy on ebay if its 200 CPSI, Im pretty sure that's as low as you can go legally here. I notcie it says its not legal in some states of the USA.
At 2die, mate if your worried about legalities dont bother doing anything to your car because it is probably illegal.An to the op as said i wouldnt bother with ceramic cats.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Not really worried myself, most of my cars had no cats and no pollution gear but I wouldn't go around telling others to do the same. I was even thinking about getting rid of pollution crap off my Ecotec but Ill have to work out what I need and what I don't first.

When I took the plenum off I noticed all the oil in the TB and plenum and then another that breaths exhaust gasses in there as well... Not sure if Ill bother getting rid of it or just put up with it, but at the same time wouldn't tell someone else to do it.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh so your a "do as i say, not as i do" person. why dont you fit a catch can? should solve your oil in the TB an plenum problem.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Hardly :p Anyone can do what they want but in this case with a illegal cat you might as well just get a decat or straight pipe and still have it be illegal than paying extra money for something that is illegal with less flow. Only problem would be the smell and my old car gave me a bad cough that I still have to this day. Either way, for a V6 running a twin system 2 x 2.5" cats of nearly any brand will flow pretty freely.

In the original post he asks if they are ok for Australian use, I assume he asking that because he wants to know if they legal. That's why I was pointing out the other ones posted are not.

X-plode Performance Pretty sure this guy on these forums does 200 cell metal cats (as well as 100 cell ones) if thats what you are looking for but I wouldn't have any problem fitting the ones that you posted from ebay if they are 200 CPSI.

Ive been going to add a catch can and still might but that wont stop the exhaust gasses going in there and building up carbon. I haven't really read up much on what I need or not for it to run properly as there is ton of hoses and fittings that I'm not exactly sure if its needed.

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
dont know much about the v6 why is the exhaust going back into the manifold???

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
No idea.. seems pretty stupid to me. Its about a 1cm metal pipe, I gather its for pollution crap but wasn't game enough to crimp it when I had it off.

I know this is getting way off topic but I had a L20B in a TRX and I scored a webber carby for cheap, after pulling the old carby and eletrical and pollution get off the engine bay went from chock-a-block to bare with a tiny motor in it. All that crap we pulled out more than half filled the boot. Ran 10 times better after that and probably 50kg+ lighter.