Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Catback exhaust & location of o2 sensors?

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
Hi Guys,

I know there a few threads on this but haven't been able to find what im after. Many people who get a "catback" exhaust have issues with error codes coming up etc. The 2 exhaust shops i have spoken to have said putting on a 2.5 inch catback only exhaust none of these errors will pop up.

Is this true, i know if you change the cats it will be a diff. story but if they are left stock will it affect the sensors?

thanks

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
if its only a catback and not a full system you don't have to worry. If you change or move the cats then yeah.

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
When i put my 3"kpm catback on, no lights or nothing, had my headers ect fitted then mafless tuned, so no lights/error problems :)

Hey Wogboyz, have you had any trouble with back pressure running 3 inch, i have heard of a few trannies having issues due to not enough after certain exhaust mods?

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
if its only a catback and not a full system you don't have to worry. If you change or move the cats then yeah.

Ah ok, so were are the sensors? In the cats themselves?

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
theres 2 infront of the cats and 2 just behind the cats if i remember correctly

Ah so if they do a catback in theory wont that affect those 2 behind it? Sorry not to much knowledge in the exhaust department lol

spanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V UTE,VE SS SEDAN
Ah so if they do a catback in theory wont that affect those 2 behind it? Sorry not to much knowledge in the exhaust department lol

The rear sensors are for calculating cat efficiency. When the cats are changed,the differences in readings between the front and rear sensors are beyond factory parameters and the light comes on.